The potato is one of the most important crops worldwide and has a long history as a staple food in many countries. Here are some interesting facts about the potato:
- The potato originally comes from South America and was cultivated by the Incas more than 7,000 years ago.
- The potato was introduced to Europe in the 16th century and quickly spread as a food.
- The potato contains many important nutrients such as vitamin C, potassium, fiber and antioxidants.
- There are more than 5,000 varieties of potatoes worldwide, differing in colour, shape, size and taste.
- Potatoes can be prepared in a variety of ways, including roasted, boiled, baked, grilled, and fried.
- French fries are one of the most popular potato preparations in the world and are said to have been invented in Belgium for the first time in the 17th century.
- Potatoes are also an important part of many traditional dishes, such as German potato soup or English shepherd's pie.
- Potatoes are also an important part of global agriculture, being grown on more than 19 million hectares of land worldwide.
- In some countries, the potato is also used as a medicine due to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- The potato is also an important part of the history and culture of some countries. For example, the potato is an important part of Irish culture and history, having played an important role during the 19th century famine.
DO YOU have the right products for this category or would you like to be informed further?
Then create a supplier account now or subscribe to our newsletter..
|Subscribe to our newsletter now :)||Learn more about the provider account now :)|