Cheese directly from the Chäs Hüsli, Käserei & Käsekeller
Find Swiss cheese specialties straight from the cheese cellar! Whether Tilsiter, mountain cheese, Harzer Roller, Emmental or cream cheese. Here you will find your fondue cheese, raclette cheese and a large selection of fresh and hard cheeses. Cheese made from the finest mountain milk. Environmentally friendly produced and manufactured mountain cheese. Fondue house mixes from the Appenzellerland and unique fondues that will delight the whole family. Are you looking for Valais cheese specialties or Bernese cheese specialties? At Chäs Hüslie you will come across a variety of cheeses which you can easily order online in the agroswiss shop.
You can also take advantage of the opportunity to buy your desired cheese from regional production directly from the farmer and cheese maker. Find the best locally produced cheese in your local farm shop and farm.
Many advantages to ordering cheese directly from the farmer, cheesemaker and in the farm store, especially if it is a regional production. Here are some possible reasons:
- Freshness: when you buy cheese directly from the farmer and cheesemaker, it is often fresher than cheese sold in supermarkets. This is because the cheese doesn't have to be transported and stored for as long before it reaches you.
- Taste: Regionally produced cheese can have different flavors depending on the region and the production process. This allows you to try a wide range of flavors that you may not find in the supermarket.
- Supporting local agriculture: by buying cheese directly from the farmer and cheesemaker, you are supporting local agriculture and helping to sustain local farms.
- Sustainability: by buying regional products, you also reduce transportation and therefore CO2 emissions. So buying cheese directly from the farmer can also help protect the environment.
Find your favorite cheese now on agroswiss.ch and of course there are countless types of cheese from different regions of Switzerland and therefore it is difficult to list them all. However, here are some of the most famous cheeses:
- Emmentaler: a large, round cheese with holes that has been made since the 13th century.
- Gruyère: A semi-hard, yellowish cheese with a nutty flavor, made since the 12th century.
- Appenzeller: A tangy cheese with a thick, yellow rind and a strong, fruity flavor.
- Raclette: A semi-hard cheese often melted and poured over potatoes and vegetables.
- Tête de Moine: A semi-hard cheese that is cut into rosettes and has a mild, nutty flavor.
- Sbrinz: A hard, tangy cheese aged at least 18 months and often grated and sprinkled over pasta.
- Vacherin: A soft, creamy cheese with a strong, tangy flavor.
This list is far from complete, however, as there are many other cheeses produced regionally in Switzerland.